Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tired...so much for a day off

It's been cold and messy around here today, so I didn't get out and circulate much. I did go out to get some supplies for my bathroom project. I'm repainting and helping redecorate our bathroom. Trying to get it done before the Risch's come for New Year's.When I got home, I ate some lunch at the in-laws, then ate most of a can of Royal Dansk butter cookies with the girls. Then I took a nap. By that time it was past four o'clock, so I thought it would be a great time to start prepping to paint!! Woohoo!! I actually got a lot done. I've trimmed and rolled on two good coats. The next couple of days I'll fill holes and cracks and do some other minor repairs before putting on the final coat and adding a fresh coat of semi-gloss white to the woodwork. Then I have to put all the towel holders, and mirrors, etc back in place. We've already bought pretty much everything we need other than a new curtain for the window, and a new rod for the shower curtain. After that I'm gonna clean the tile and color seal the grout. It's gonna be real nice.
Next project is Haley's room.
Anyways, I'm pretty tired, and think I'll probably hit the hay pretty soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You know your supposed to do the repairs and fill the cracks before you start painting right? If you only put one coat on afterward, frequently whatever you used to patch will soak up the paint and leave the spots visible.

donaldestep2 said...

I suppose the way I wrote that was a bit misleading. The actual repair work is on two sections by the bathtub where I have to fill, and sand, then probably fill some more. That particular two sections have not yet received any paint at all.

~Amy said...

Sounds like you're getting ready to get into some more major work. Haley's pretty excited about getting a new room, I'm sure. Would love to see some pictures. Bet it looks nice.

cokelady said...

It's AMAZING what a few minor repairs and some fresh paint can do for a room. Everything will feel SOOOOO nice and fresh and clean when you're done!