Monday, February 28, 2011

Relaxing Monday...

Well, it has been just that, mostly. A relaxing Monday. I haven't blogged in ages. That surprises no one. No promises or lofty statements about how I will from this day forward re-dedicate myself to writing all sorts of amazing, interesting and clever stuff for the enjoyment of the masses of people who just love this kind of stuff. None of that. Not today. Maybe I'll remember to do this again in four or five months, who knows. ;p
At any rate I will say this. It has been an exciting, wonderful, if tiring few months. We have enjoyed meeting all sorts of new folks as well as rebuilding some wonderful old relationships. Three churches have been added to our region's list with several more contacts and groups we are working with. I have been blessed to administer the covenant of The Church of God to nearly thirty people, and preached to probably a dozen different congregations. We have been to some district conventions, the minister's convention, held revival in Des Moines, Iowa, and visited several other churches in service. I have made several trips to visit pastors or other ministers, including meeting up with a young family who are moving to our region later this year. As a fellow who despises boredom, I must say, I haven't seen that particular old enemy for quite sometime. If I did, we may sit down for a cup of coffee, boredom and me. Probably not. The life of a minister is not only eternally rewarding, but it's fun. in addition to the regional work, we are also the pastoral family at our local church, which is one of the great joys of my life. I love the pastoral work, and feel called to it. Always have. The regional work is great, too. It's all really the same, in that we do it all for Christ and His church. It's all about giving honor to God and trying to help people. I am truly thankful to God for giving me and my family the opportunity to serve Him as a minister. We love this life, and it has been good to us-God has been good to us. He IS good to us. His people have shown us so much love and generosity over they years. One of the great perks of this work is that so much of it is pure pleasure. Fellow-shipping, praying, just being with the beautiful people we have met and known is a blessing in itself. To be able to do this for one's life's work! It's an unspeakable blessing, in my view. Thank you, Lord Jesus.
Other news since I last blogged, although it is hardly "news" now, is that my gorgeous wife, Marsha Renee, and I are expecting our third child. Add another wonderful blessing to the list! Saw the little one on a thirteen week ultrasound today. So cool. Looks just like the daddy. Big head, big ears. Don't know where it gets that small body thing from...it will change in time.
Before I close out, I want to also mention that we attended the couples retreat a couple weekends ago in Townsend, TN. Bro and Sis Horton did a fanatstic job! We were blessed by every single thing on program. I truly believe we were enriched by being there. One of my very favorite parts was sister Vicky Williams class. THAT was a blessing. If you ever have the chance to attend this retreat in the future, I highly recommend it.
Well, that is all I can muster for now...see you again sometime or another. Until then...God bless you!

6 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I saw on Becki's blogroll that you had a new post. I nearly fainted! ;-)
It was really good to see you guys at the Retreat. And WHAT A BLESSING to have so many from your Region! How thrilling that the Lord has blessed your Region so much this past year and has done so much to heal hurts and wounds. God is faithful and His mercy is EVERLASTING! He is SOOOOOO GOOD!
Overseer work is like pastoring, only your members live a lot further apart. :-) Just like the pastor has band leaders helping him keep track of the sheep, the Overseer has pastors who help carry the load. It all works smoothly when we just do it the Bible way. God's ways DO work!

donaldestep2 said...

Hi, Sister Smith...it was great to see you folks, too! I was very happy that our region had such a good showing at the retreat as well. Seven couples! I told our folks that maybe someday we would grow to the point that we could have one ourselves, but for the next few years with such a good retreat this close by, why not just attend it. The Horton's really do a great job!
I see what you are saying relating overseer work to pastoring. That really is true. There have been certain things I have had to adjust to, but overall the basic idea is the same. We really love our region and are enjoying this work. God has blessed so much! It's been very exciting.

Covnitkepr1 said...

I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

Covnitkepr1 said...

I’m just checking back to see if you have posted anything new. My invitation to follow my blog remains open. 3-14-2011

Covnitkepr1 said...

Just checking back once again to read any postings you may have written.

Covnitkepr1 said...

checking back for any new posts.