Saturday, August 14, 2010

so, this SATURDAY EVENING, a short POST

So, we've had a busy day, and I have had a bit of a mishap, so I must be short this week. We have had an eventful week, to say the least. I will put on some pics later, but for now I want to tell about our NEW PUPPIES! Our Basset Hound, Daisy Mae, had four beautiful little puppies this past week. There were seven, but unfortunately three didn't make it. But the other three are healthy little rascals. This is Daisy's first litter, and she is pretty young, but she is a great mommy. I have been spoiling her with warm soup, and the occasional hot dog, or cheese. Plus today, I got her and gave her a warm bath and let her out to run around the yard awhile. Now she is resting with her babies.
This evening, after we got home, I had a bug fly right into my ear! Seriously! This is one of the craziest feelings I've ever had. I've actually been a bit dizzy, nauseated, and have a huge headache from the sound of that thing crawling around my eardrum. We thought we got it out, but I occasionally hear a little something in there. I almost think that we actually did get it out. WHile working on it, a little green bug showed up right on the table. It wasn't there before. I almost think what is in there now is some fluid, some drainage, or water from where I got in the shower and tried to flush out the bug. Wow. I don't think it is dangerous, but it sure is a weird feeling.
Anyhoo, I gotta cut short tonight, because I have a few more things to do to be prepared for tomorrow.

2 comments:

cokelady said...

I have such mixed feelings about this post. The puppy part makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (where are the pictures???), but the bug in the ear part really creeps me out! Bleagh!!! Perhaps the little critter found a nice home in the vast, cavernous void it discovered in there... ;-)

donaldestep2 said...

That was just mean. ;) Exactly what I've come to expect (and appreciate) from you, sister. Haha. One of those pups would make a fantastic addition to the Horne household, I do believe.