Friday, February 06, 2009

District Convention

District Convention for Eastern KY is tomorrow. I'm very excited about it. This will be the third convention since I became D/O. I always enjoy it. This time of year is a good time for people to get together and shake the winter blahs. We always seem to have a good convention. I believe this year will be as well. I felt led to ask the new ministers in the district to preach. Brother Hargraves is new to our district, but has been in the ministry for years. He recently, in the last couple of years came back to the Lord, and back in the church. He is a fine man. He and his new wife, the former Sister Barbara Smith, are working in our district currently at a mission in Corbin, KY. They are great people, and have a good ministry. I've heard the brother preach a few times and God has really used him each time. Old time church of God preaching, to be sure. Brother Herman Hamilton is the pastor at the newest church in our district, Somerset, KY. He first came into the church in 1948, and has been around KY, and the Cincinatti area in the ministry. He and his wife, and ten members came in and were organized on December 14th. He's a great fellwo, and I'm looking forward to hearing him preach.
I gotta close up for now, and get some preparations made for tomorrow. Pray for us...

No comments: