Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Productive Day

Today was another beautiful summer-ish spring day in beautiful Kentucky. Once again, my wife and I had a very productive time, cleaning and organizing. I thought it was funny when I read about the Horne's cleaning the shed, etc on Sister Becki's blog. Amazingly enough, although my office is not new, I also put a lot of my books, etc. into my office from the storage shed. We got BOTH our storage sheds cleaned out and reorganized all our stuff(junk). We put the Christmas decorations ( all three of the trees we own plus umpteen boxes of decorations, etc.) and all our yard sale items for the upcoming sale in the lower shed, down the hill from our house. My tools, fishing rods, painting supplies, ball bats, camping supplies, etc. went in the upper shed, near the house. Got almost all my office items and books, some of which had been in storage for nearly three and a half years, in the office to be unpacked. Found some books and old church items I had forgotten about. Plus there are about fifteen boxes of books my dad handed off to me last fall. I think there are three hundred books or so in that bunch! Awesome! He has had close to two thousand at the height of his personal library. I am probably closing in on five hundred, three of which I've read.(that was a joke, honest).
We also got both air conditioners in the windows of our little house.It is much cooler now, thankfully. In addition to that, I got a chance to do a little planting. I got my main flower bed done Saturday morning, but tonight I got some potting done. I got my Early Girl tomato plant and the hot banana papper plant in small pots. Then I planted a very nice Hosta in a large pot on the side porch where it can get a little sun, but not too much. I also painted an old metal watering can with red spraypaint, and planted a pretty white flower I forget the name of in it, and placed in on the front porch. It looks very pretty with the little stool and table we painted red. Kind of a semi-distressed look. We have maybe decided against our initial plan to paint the porch swing red. It is white now, but we keep some "Americana" style pillows and throw on it. It looks nice. I repainted the porch Friday...I missed the old color by a bit. It was darker beige, but now is a lighter almond color. It looks good though. All in all, it was a very satisfying day.
I have enjoyed this month off work so much. I've spent a lot more time with my family than work usually allows. Just great...but tomorrow I go back to work. The hand is all healed up. It is still a little weak, but I can use it so back to work I go. Oh, well. I won't complain. God is so good to me, and my family is so wonderful...they are gifts from God.
I really should take more time to just realize how blessed I really am. I guess we all should, huh? Yeah...we should.

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Wow. It's bittersweet to hear about yet one more husband who actually PLANTS things instead of mowing, weedeating or spraying weed killer on them. *sigh* I suppose you can guess which kind of husband I have. He MOWED down the 3 forsythia bushes I planted just before we went to the Philippines. "How was I to know they weren't weeds???" he said. My reply? "Because when I planted them I took you by the hand and SHOWED them to you and said, 'Don't you DARE mow these down!'" *shaking head*
Different subject: I can't log in to tcogtalk anymore. I've been kicked out apparently. I e-mailed to Kevin a few days ago but haven't got a response from him. Can you do anything about it, or am I just banned forevermore?

donaldestep2 said...

I'll fix it for you. Send me your old username and password in an email. Send it to pastor_estep@hotmail.com
We had a glitch while cleaning out the spam, and such a couple weeks ago.
Glad you all are home safely from the trip.

Vicki Smith said...

I went ahead and re-registered and am awaiting activation. Can you activate? :-)
BTW, could you send me your e-mail address? Mine is vic@thecomputersmith.net

donaldestep2 said...

You should be able to log in on tcogtalk now. Try aagain and let me know. I activated your new account there.