Saturday, April 25, 2009

Great Day!

So, My youngest daughter Taylor turns four this coming Tuesday! Yay! I love birthdays! I've told all that before so there's no need to go into it again. But let it suffice to say, I love birthdays! Since her birthday is on a weeknight, we had her party today. It was such a good day. The sky was clear and blue, the sun was shining brightly, and it was warm, not hot. Marsha and I have worked on the house and yard four three or four days this week to get things in top shape for company. Spring cleaning, right? Marsha Renee got the indoors clean, and sparkly, and smeeling good. Okay, she keeps it that way all the time, but it is a lot of work, what with the kids and dog. She also handled most of the shopping, and party prep indoors. I handled the outside. What fun. I would rather work in the yard than almost anything I can think of. I've been off work for a month and have done very little while recuperating from my surgery, so it has been awesome getting out and getting sirty, and sweaty, and smelly. Haha, I love it! I have mowed chopped, picked up limbs, pruned things, weedeated, ran the blower, cleaned up trash, mowed... oh man, it has been a great week. We got the place looking great, overall. At least the area right around the house. There is more to do over by "the holler". There is an area near the storage shed that I have allowed to really get grown up the last two years, There are three nice, mature apple trees in there, so I think my next major outdoor project is to clean that up, and get those trees in shape. I'm also considering planting grape and blackberry vines in that area. There was an old grapevine there once before. After that, I am working on a plan to build a goldfish/koi pond in the front of our place. A pator in the district has one, and I think it is awesome. He said if I will build it, he will give me some goldfish to get started. His are HUGE! Very cool.
So, anyway, back to Taylor's party. She has been excited about it for weeks! We really do go overboard and all for birthdays, but oh well. There is usually a weeks long build-up and then, because we normally hold the party the weekend before their actual birthday, then we hold the whole thing over until the actual day. Taylor helped us go and pick out her party decorations...Barbie princess themed for the girly girl. Marsha got her a great cake. So today, Taylor got all dolled up and wore her princess crown all day long! We had 20 plus people here and I cooked burgers and dogs on the grill. We ate outside, and Marsha set up cool scavenger hunt for the kids. Taylor opened up all her presents, including the doll who gets sick, and of course wets it's pants. Then we just sat around and enjoyed the day as the kids all played. It really was a great day. I go back to work Tuesday so this was a great day. Taylor is a beautiful baby doll, and her birthday was awesome. We sat around the farm with family until well after dark, just enjoying the last little bit of the day. Thank God for a beautiful time.

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Hello, Brother Donnie, from the Philippines! Yup, I'm in some part of Manila right now. I greeted the Convention for you yesterday. :-) The people here are so sweet and friendly. They smile a LOT. They're adorable. We enjoyed the Convention very much. It's nice to come to a foreign country that speaks English. Pretty much. Okay, sort of.
Glad you were able to do what you enjoy in your yard and you had a good party day. How fun!

donaldestep2 said...

I heard you all were over there. I love that place, and the people are among the greatest I've ever had the pleasure of being around. I hope to one day have the blessing of going there and being around them again, to minister or whatever! The Orcino's were our pastor while we were there, so ours is a 2o plus year friendship. They are wonderful. I also love the city, and the country side. I attended a missionary school there called Faith Academy, and have recently been reacquainted with a lot of my schoolmates via Facebook, and email/instant messaging. It is so great. Enjoy your visit and assure them we love them and pray for them often. Be safe, and God bles you...

cokelady said...

Sounds like you probably had as much fun at your girl's party as she did. :-) That's great!

I've been meaning to stop by and let you know that we're praying for you and your job situation. I always come and read your posts (you've been doing pretty good lately, by the way!), I'm just a really lousy commenter!

donaldestep2 said...

HAHA...I've been such a lousy blogger that I'm sure few people stop by anymore...too bad really, because I am such an interesting person. Right.lol.
Thanks for the prayers. I am still praying. God knows my heart, and what I need, so I'm trying to trust Him to put me where He wants me.