Thursday, July 08, 2010

The Return of the World's Worst Blogger

Now for the news absolutely NOBODY has been waiting for! I have decided to take up blogging....again. Yes friends ( if I have any left) I, Donnie Estep II, the World's Worst Blogger, have decided to make a return to the world of people who always have something to say....even when we have nothing to say.That's right. I'm blogging. Excited? Didn't think so. It's ok. I have low expectations and no ego. Ok, so I have an ego. But not a huge one. Ok, so it's a little big, but I've seen bigger.I'm actually quite humble. Ok, that's a joke. I always say never believe anyone who tells you how much humility they have. I digress. Back to the subject at hand, my decision to blog again.
It appears that I am going to be working considerably less for a few weeks, as I have suffered an on the job injury. I am currently on restricted or light duty as I have an umbilical hernia. Very soon, I will be undergoing a surgery to fix the problem. So, I will not be able for a while to work my standard 50 to 60 hour weeks. Instead, until surgery I will be working roughly 40 hours (part time, right? ). After surgery I will be resting up for four to six weeks. I don't particularly enjoy light duty or resting after a surgery, but I need to get this repaired so it doesn't get worse. I need to be able to return to hard work. It's sort of what I do for my living.
Having said all that, it seems I will be having some extra time on my hands for a while. What to do, what to do? oh, yeah....I could blog. It is free. It is low impact. I seem to be able to ramble endlessly at times. I think I may even have a few things to say.
So here I am...

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Thanks to Becki's blogroll, your name appeared as having a recent post. Otherwise, NOBODY would bother coming to check out your idle blog. But, again thanks to Becki, here I am in jolly old England reading your blog!!! Who knew!!! I, for one, welcome you back and encourage you to post informative and inspired blog posts as you just did. ;-) So glad to hear from you. Be silly and keep up the good work.

I'll be praying for your health situation.

donaldestep2 said...

Jolly old England, eh? Have you seen Brother Ray Prince and his family? They are fantastic people, as are all our folks there. Greet them from the Esteps. I got to know Ray through playing music together at the General Assembly a few years back.